Things to do
- Visit the lighthouse museum
- Take a guided tour of the historic lighthouse
- See some of the best coastal scenery near Melbourne when you follow the Bushrangers Bay Nature Walk (allow 2 hours)
- Take a walk to the tip of Cape Schanck and see Pulpit Rock and spectacular basalt cliffs
- Enjoy your lunch at The Pines Picnic Area, where there are electric barbecues
- Observe marine life in the rock pools
- Stay overnight in on-site accommodation, including the old limestone Keeper's Cottage
The Cape Schanck Lighthouse has served shipping since 1859. It was built from dressed limestone and sandstone and is significant because the original mechanisms are still in place.
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.