Terms & conditions
Australian Open competition
Entrants into the competition shall be deemed to have accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
- The prize draw is free and open to residents and citizens of the UK aged 21 years or over with the exception of employees of Visit Victoria, Austravel [part of Travelmoood Ltd] and Qatar Airways. The competition is open from 00:01 GMT on 14th June 2017 and closes at 23:59 GMT on 4th August 2017. Entries received outside of this period will not be considered. Winners will be notified by email by 7th August and must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days of offer. If any emails to the winner are returned as undeliverable or the winner does not respond in 7 days of being notified then we reserve the right to offer the prize to another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a second winner does not claim the prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of the Terms and Conditions, the Prize-winner's prize will be forfeited.
- The Promotor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The holiday prize must be taken by the prize-winner and is not transferrable. The prize-winner and their companion must travel together for the duration of the holiday.
- The prize is for two adults travelling together and consists of two return Qatar Airways economy flights from London Heathrow to Melbourne; five nights twin share 4* accommodation in Melbourne on a room only basis and six days Apollo campervan hire. Motorhome hire excludes refuelling service fees, optional excess reduction, excess kilometres (100km+ per day), insurance, park passes and optional extras e.g. GPS or child seats. Flights with Qatar Airways are subject to Qatar Airways' General Conditions of Carriage, available at qatarairways.co.uk Your accommodation and camper van hire is provided by Austravel and will be subject to Austravel's booking conditions available at http://www.austravel.com/info/terms-and-conditions.
- The prize is valid for departures from the UK with Qatar Airways departing the UK on or around 23rd January and departing from Melbourne Friday 5th February subject to flight availability at time of booking.
- The flight also includes two tickets to the finals on the 27th and 28th January 2018, plus dining options at the event on both evenings, and two 'Behind the Scenes Tour' tickets for 27th January 2018.
- The prize does not include food and beverages, optional activities, travel insurance or spending money unless otherwise stated.
- It is the winner's responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport with minimum 6-month validity beyond the return date for the duration of their stay in Australia, that they are eligible to enter Australia and obtain the correct documentation to travel to Australia including any visas or Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) in good time for their travel. It is also the winner's responsibility to provide a valid driver’s licence and purchase travel insurance prior to travel. Travel insurance is not provided but is mandatory.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. Elements of the prize may be subject to availability and change.
- Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion. Prize is based on two adults travelling together. Flights with Qatar Airways are subject to Qatar Airways' General Conditions of Carriage, available at qatarairways.co.uk.
- Winners of the prize agree to participate in reasonable publicity relating to the promotion for no further consideration.
- Prize must be booked through the Visit Victoria contact point and the winner's notification will include full details on booking procedures.
Promoter: Visit Victoria, of 6th Floor, Australia Centre, Melbourne Place, Strand, London WC2B 4LG, telephone +44 (0)20 7438 4646/45.