Welcome, skip to the content.
Barwon Park (1871) is a majestic 42 room blue-stone Italianate mansion built for prominent Western District squatter Thomas Austin and his wife Elizabeth. The two storey building is enhanced by a distinctive cast iron verandah, elaborate entry hallway, a grand staircase and fine plaster decoration. When completed it was the finest and most celebrated mansion house in western Victoria. At Barwon Park, Thomas Austin was royal host, public figure, eminent pastoralist and leader of the acclimatisation society. The interior of the mansion remains largely in original condition. The elegant formal dining room with its period furniture is available for small functions and receptions and caters for up to 30 guests. The enclosed courtyard catering for up to 120 guests, provides a stylish and enchanting venue for wedding receptions and functions. Visitors to Barwon Park are truly rewarded with a vision from the past.